понедельник

What men say and what they really mean

Research reveals males and females use language in contradictory ways.  Women use conversation as the very glue which binds the relationship. But for men it couldn’t be more different.

Lisa Sussman author of “Over 100 Things Women Should Know about Men” asserts, “most men have no idea how they feel at any given time. Studies show that men use language to establish difference, separateness and independence (exactly the opposite of women, who talk to connect). So demanding that he talk to you is guaranteed to make him squirm and start rambling about whether new Cheerios really are improved.”

If you’re flummoxed by the sentences that come out of his mouth, here’s a basic reference guide to help you make sense of what he’s saying.

He says: “So maybe we could hang out?”
He means: “I’d like to ask you out on a date, but am too scared.”

He says: “Let's be friends”
He means: “You're not my type, but maybe you could introduce me to your single friends.”

He says:  “I’m forever changing my mind, who knows what I’ll be doing this time next year!”
He means: “I’m a free spirit. I’m up for a casual encounter but don’t try and pin me down to a relationship. I need my space.”

He says: “I need some space.”
He means: “I want to break-up, but haven’t got the courage.”

He says: “My mate’s joining us later, hope you don’t mind.”

He means: “I’m just not that into you.”

He says: “Let’s go somewhere cosy.”
He means: “Let’s kiss...”

He says: “It’s not you, it’s me.”

He means: “It’s you.”

He says: “I don’t want to be tied down.”
He means: “I’m seeing other people.”

He says: Maybe we need to slow down
He means: Maybe you need to slow down

He says: “Shall we go halves?”
He means: “I’m not planning on seeing you again, so I might as well save some money.”

He says: “Nothing's wrong.” 
He means: “I’ve had a difficult day but I don’t want to talk about it.  I just want to sit quietly and watch TV. Okay?”

He says: “I don't know what I want.”
He means: “I don’t know what I want but I know that it’s not you.”   


 http://uk.match.yahoo.net/edito/index.php?mtcmk=080405&name=5/148/2320-what-men-say-and-what-they-really-mean.html











Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий